Where It’s More Than the Money…It’s About Serving the Community!
(Updated March 2018)
First National Bank of Waynesboro is dedicated to making our community a great place to live. In addition to supporting many local organizations financially, the bank also coordinates and participates in a variety of community projects, charitable fundraisers and local events. Below is a list of some of those projects.
Giving Back to the Community We’ve Been a Member of Since 1905!
D.O.O.R. (Downtown Organization of Retailers)
- The bank supports this organization by providing leadership, financial support and volunteers for downtown events and projects such as Christmas on Liberty Square, Boss Hog Cook-Off, Thunder on Liberty Classic Car Show, Earth Day Festival, and Trick or Treat on Liberty Street.
- Christmas on Liberty Square and the Boss Hog Cook-Off each attract more than 3,000 people.
- D.O.O.R was created by a First National Bank employee in 1999; leadership is still held by FNB employees.
- The bank allows employees opportunity to earn time off when they volunteer for downtown events.
- The bank is active in helping D.O.O.R. improve our downtown and increase its vitality.
- Two employees serve on the Board of this organization:
- Nan Palmer Lynch, Co-Chair
- Lindsey Beazley Keller, Co-Chair
The Wimberly House
- At Christmas on Liberty Square First National has an annual fundraiser, which is staffed by FNB employees and all proceeds go to the Wimberly House.
- FNB supports many school events and projects at local public and private schools. We are active in furthering school groups from the marching band, show choir and athletics.
- FNB participates in various Career Days and Business Expos.
- FNB offers the Education First Grant through our A+ Account. Teachers are eligible to apply for grants that cover items that fall outside the normal school budget twice a year (fall and spring).
- FNB partners with Banzai!: Financial Literacy Software at both public and private schools to further educate our young people in the importance of financial stability. Learn more by visiting our Banzai! sites: TEACHERS, click here, and STUDENTS, click here. See our video below for more details.
In addition to our community involvement, FNB also encourages employees to take part in organizations of their choice. Many times FNB allows employees to assist these organizations during normal work hours. See the list below of some of the groups our employees serve (included but not limited to)…
Botsford Baptist Church
VBS Craft Chairman; Acteen Leader; Women on Mission Board Member
Boy Scouts of America
Burke County Chamber of Commerce
Burke County Chamber of Commerce Annual Golf Tournament
Burke County Family YMCA
Advisory Board Members
Burke County Recreation Department
Soccer Coach; Baseball Coach
Citizens of GA Power
Downtown Development Authority
Board Member; Committee Chairs
Annual Banquet Chairman; Volunteers
Edmund Burke Academy
Alumni Association Chairman; Redd Zone Award Chair; Spring Swing Chairman; Concession Volunteer
First Baptist Church
Head Deacon; Finance Committee Chairman
Oasis Church Dream Team
Plugged In Community Wide Girls Event
Small Group Leader; Volunteers
Rosemont Baptist Church
Rotary Golf Tournament
Sheppard Blood Center
Blood Drive Coordinator
Waynesboro Church of God
Women’s Ministry Director
Waynesboro Country Club
Ladies Golf Association Member; Ladies Golf Association Treasurer; Board Member; Members