Come Take A Look At Our Products!
Order Checks Online
|Overdraft Privilege Limits
|First Generation Select
|First Generation Classic
Customer Overdraft Policy
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW
- A link to another account may be less expensive than an overdraft. A single larger overdraft will result in one fee, instead of multiple smaller overdrafts. Use our mobile, internet, and telephone banking services to track your balance. For financial education resources, please visit mymoney.gov.
- The $28 Overdraft Paid Item Charge that is charged if you overdraw your account is the same fee that is charged if an item is returned as unpaid. If your consumer account is overdrawn by $5.00 or less, the Overdraft Paid Item Charge is $0. If multiple items overdraw your account on the same day, each item will be assessed an appropriate Overdraft Paid Item Charge or a NSF Returned Item Charge of $28. All fees and charges will be included as part of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount. Your account may become overdrawn more than the Overdraft Privilege limit amount because of a fee.
- Recipients of federal or state benefits payments who do not wish us to deduct the amount overdrawn and the Overdraft Paid Item Charge from funds that you deposit or that are deposited into your account may call us at (706) 554-8100.
- If an item is returned because the available balance in your account is not sufficient to cover the item and the item is presented for payment again, First National Bank of Waynesboro will charge a NSF Returned Item Charge each time it returns the item because it exceeds the available balance in your account. If, on representment of the item, the available balance in your account is sufficient to cover the item First National Bank of Waynesboro may pay the item, and, if payment causes an overdraft, charge an Overdraft Paid Item Charge.
- If your account balance remains overdrawn for longer than 7 consecutive business days, we will charge your account a daily Overdraft Fee of $1 for each of the consecutive business days the account remains overdrawn, beginning with day 7.
- For consumer accounts, there is a limit of 8 Overdraft Paid Item Charges ($224) per day we will charge. We will not charge an Overdraft Paid Item Charge if a consumer account is overdrawn by $5.00 or less. These exceptions do not apply to business accounts.
- This describes the posting order for purposes of determining overdrafts. Our general policy is to post items throughout the day and to post ACH credits before debits. ATM, ACH and debit card transactions are posted from lowest to highest dollar amount (or in the order in which the items are received), while paper checks are posted in check number order (or lowest to highest dollar amount); however, because of the many ways we allow you to access your account, the posting order of individual items may differ from these general policies. Holds on funds (described herein) and the order in which transactions are posted may impact the total amount of Overdraft Paid Item Charge
- Although under payment system rules, First National Bank of Waynesboro may be obligated to pay some unauthorized debit card transactions, First National Bank of Waynesboro will not authorize debit card or ATM transactions unless your account’s available balance (including Overdraft Coverage Options) is sufficient to cover the transactions and any fee(s).
- Giving us your consent to pay everyday debit card and ATM overdrafts on your consumer account (Extended Coverage) may result in you incurring Overdraft Paid Item Charges for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing an Overdraft Paid Item Charge. However, this would allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Overdraft Privilege limit and may also help you avoid overdrafts in excess of your available balance. If you consent to Extended Coverage on your consumer account, it will remain on your account until it is otherwise withdrawn. s
- First National Bank of Waynesboro authorizes and pays transactions using the available balance in your account. First National Bank of Waynesboro may place a hold on deposited funds in accordance with our Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure, which will reduce the amount in your available balance. The available balance for checks, ACH items, and recurring debit card transactions is comprised of the ledger balance, less any holds on deposited funds and any debit card holds, plus the amount of the Overdraft Privilege limit and any available Overdraft Protection. The available balance for authorizing ATM and everyday debit card transactions on accounts with Standard Coverage is the ledger balance, less any holds on deposited funds and any debit card holds, plus any available Overdraft Protection, but does NOT include the Overdraft Privilege For accounts with Extended Coverage, the Overdraft Privilege limit is included in the available balance for authorizing ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
- Please be aware that the Overdraft Privilege amount is not included in your available balance provided through online banking, mobile banking or First National Bank of Waynesboro’s
- First National Bank of Waynesboro will place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction. When the hold ends, the funds will be added to the available balance in your account. If your account is overdrawn after the held funds are added to the available balance and the transaction is posted to the available balance, an Overdraft Paid Item Charge may be assessed.
- Except as described herein, First National Bank of Waynesboro will not pay items if the available balance in your account (including the Overdraft Privilege limit, if applicable) is not sufficient to cover the item(s) and the amount of any fee(s).
- New consumer and business checking accounts will receive a $100 Introductory Overdraft Privilege limit at account opening that will be increased to $800 after 30 days in good standing for consumer accounts or to $800 after 60 days in good standing for business accounts.
- Overdraft Privilege is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
- Overdraft Privilege may be reduced if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within thirty (30) days for a minimum of one business day. You must bring your account balance positive for at least one business day to have the full Overdraft Privilege limit
- Depositor and each Authorized Signatory will continue to be liable, jointly and severally, for all overdraft and fee amounts, as described in the Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure. The total (negative) balance, including all fees and charges, is due and payable upon demand.
If you have any questions about Overdraft Protection or Overdraft Privilege, please call us at (706) 554-8100 or visit a branch.
Debit Card Fraud Center
Be sure to add our Debit Card Fraud Center to your contacts to avoid the number showing up as “potential spam.” This feature helps protect your account against possible fraud.
- FNB Debit Card Fraud Center
- *Call us to get this contact information today!
WALLET: Apple Pay & Google Pay
Apple Pay and Google Pay will change how you make purchases with contactless payment technology and unique security features built right into the devices you have with you every day.
With Apple Pay, you can use your iPhone or Apple Watch to pay in a simple, secure, and private way. With Google pay, you can use your Android and/or iOS devices.
To get started with Apple Pay, simply click the pre-installed Apple Wallet app followed by the "+" button to add your FNB debit card. Follow the prompts to add your card, then you are ready to go! Apple Pay can be used at millions of in store, in app or online shops. Just look for the contactless payment symbol.
To get started with Google Pay, sign in to pay.google.com to start using Google Pay on your computer. You can also download the app by clicking the links below:
Follow the prompts to add your card, then you are ready to go! Google Pay can be used at millions of in store, in app or online shops. Just look for the contactless payment symbol.
For more information regarding Apple Pay, click here.
For more information regarding Google Pay, click here.
Credit Card - The Hometown Card with Worldwide Acceptance!
Guaranteed Auto Protection Plus (GAPP)
- NOT A DEPOSIT
- NOT FDIC-INSURED
- NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY
- NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK